Get your brand new Wikispaces Classroom now
and do "back to school" in style.
Pages and Files
Assignments by Day
Drama and Poetry
English Language Development Activities
GED Essay Help
GED Essay Topics
Math Graphs Charts Data
Add "All Pages"
GED Essay Topics
Sample Essay Questions
Explain your answer using your knowledge, observations, and experience. Use examples.
1. What are the most important considerations when choosing a job?
2. What are the qualities that make someone a good boss?
3. What kind of animal makes the best pet?
4. What are your goals to succeed in the next five years?
5. Do you think it is better to live in a small town or in a big city?
6. What are the qualities of a true friend?
7. What are the qualities that make someone a good parent?
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
9. Do you think girls or boys have it tougher in the world?
10. Why do you think radio is still popular today?
11. What is your opinion on how much TV we watch? Do you think we watch too much TV, yes or no?
12. Do you think it is a good idea for high school students to all serve one year in the military before they go to college or get a job?
Should we do more to deal with the problem of domestic violence, or is the problem exaggerated?
We are becoming overwhelmingly dependent on computers. Is this dependence on computers a good thing, or should we be more suspicious of their benefits?
Is there too much of commercialism in the Internet?
Technology makes communication easier in today's world. Many people choose to work at home in front of a computer screen. What danger does the society face depending on computer screens rather than face-to-face contact as the main means of communication? Are we the prisoners of the progress?
Should animals be used for scientific research?
Should cigarettes smoking be banned?
Should drivers of automobiles be prohibited from using cellular phones?
Should restrictions be placed on the use of mobile phones in public areas like restaurants and theaters?
Should the death penalty be mandatory for people who kill other people?
Should the "Right to Die" be Considered a Right?
What are two sides of the death penalty? Is it a cruel murderer or a just punishment? Can it be a deterrent to crime?
Euthanasia as a way of relieving ill people's pain and save them from the tortures of their illness. Do we have the right to take people's life?
Should there still be colleges and schools just for men/boys and some just for women/girls?
Human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substances. A vegetarian diet is as healthy as a diet containing meat. Argue for or against the opinion above.
What are some of the best ways to welcome and then assimilate immigrants into American life? What are the pros and cons of each of these?
Education is an indivisible part of the prosperity of the nation. The more educated and cultured people there are in the country the more flourishing and thrifty the country is. Comment on this issue, argue your decision
Should society assume more responsibility for pregnant teenagers and the children they bear?
The mass media, including TV, radio, newspapers have a great influence on people and especially on the younger generation. It plays an important role in shaping the opinions and positions of the younger generation. Argue for or against this statement.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"